YOUNG HARRIS, Ga. – A traffic stop conducted on Gumlog Road in Young Harris Monday, Sept.30, resulted in drug charges. According to the sheriff’s office, a Towns County deputy initiated a traffic stop on a Ford truck for a traffic offense. Upon further investigation, the driver was identified as Joey Delane Head, 60, of Ducktown, TN.
Head was arrested without incident and charged with the following offenses:
- 1 Count of Violation of Georgia Controlled Substance Act – Possession Methamphetamine
- 1 Count of Violation of Georgia Controlled Substance Act – Possession of Schedule IV Drugs
- 1 Count of Possession of Drug Related Objects
- 1 Count of Drugs Not in Original Container
- 1 Count Failure to Maintain Lane
Towns County Sheriff’s Office said that the investigation is currently active and on-going and additional charges are possible. The case will be forwarded to the Enotah Circuit District Attorney’s office for prosecution.
All subjects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.