In their Tuesday night meeting, the Hiawassee City Council approved holding a public hearing for the proposed budget during a work session on the same day as the public hearing on May 26. They will have a second reading and vote on the budget on June 2 at 6 p.m. To see the meeting agenda, visit here.
Announced that anyone who wanted to contribute to the Community Scholarship for Towns County Seniors could contribute at either City Hall, 50 River Street Hiawassee, GA 30546 by postal mail or by dropping it in one of the boxes. Contributions can also be made at Towns County High School at 1400 Highway 76 E, Hiawassee, GA 30546.
In other Hiawassee news, the council approved:
- Approval of the Water Treatment Payment to GEFA loan DW98026 for 35% of the total amount at $237,585.
- Approval of Property Insurance through GIRMA- $39,996 annual.
- Approval of the Inter-Governmental Agreement with City and DDA at $20,000 annual.
- Approval of Contract with Colditz for work at Lloyds Landing/Hospital Crosswalk not to exceed $53,000.
- For the latest COVID-19 numbers in Towns County, visit here.