HIAWASSEE, Ga. – Patti Diane Moon, 60, a billing clerk for the City of Hiawassee, was arrested Sunday morning, Aug. 25, by Hiawassee Police Department on multiple charges.
Moon was allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road when the traffic stop was conducted. Upon investigation by Hiawassee Police Department, Moon was arrested and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug-Related Objects
- Driving Under the Influence
- Drugs not in Original Container
- Failure to Drive in Single Lane
- Driving on Wrong Side of Road
Hiawassee City Council went into executive session following last night’s monthly work session to discuss a personnel matter, possibly in connection with Moon’s arrest.
Moon is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.